An Indian-inspired creamy golden milk ice cream recipe with the goodness of turmeric, ginger and spices! This decadent turmeric ice cream recipe is filled with a delicious coconut flavour that packs a punch and leaves bursts of flavour lingering on your tongue. It is warmly spiced with TurmeriX’s blend of ginger, cardamom and cinnamon, making it the perfect Easter dessert for healthy and gluten-free eaters in NZ.
- 2 cans of full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 2 tsp TurmeriX
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped candied ginger (optional)
- Place your ice cream churning bowl in the freezer to properly chill the night before.
Add the coconut milk, maple syrup and the TurmeriX powder into a saucepan and bring the mixture to a simmer.
Add vanilla extract and balance out the flavours according to your taste.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature and then cover and chill for 6 hours.
- Add mixture to the ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Once it looks soft and whipped, add candied ginger in the last few minutes of the churning process for an additional crunch.
- Transfer the churned ice cream to a large freezer-safe container. Smoothen the top with a spoon and let it freeze for 4 to 6 hours. Then scoop it out and enjoy!